December 14, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Last week we picked the coldest day to go pick out our Christmas tree. I think it was all of about 22 degrees with freezing wind. I swear it was honestly probably cold enough to freeze the snot in your nose!

We went to a small farmers market near our house and found the perfect tree.

Taylor got to hang our 2012 family ornament

 I love going through all of the ornaments and seeing the ones we've picked out in the past. I especially love that DJ and I have Christmas ornaments going back to 2005. It makes me look back on all the fun years we've had together and I laugh because when we are wrinkly and old and have been together for 50 years our tree may only hold Christmas ornaments from the years we've been together.

Gabby always likes getting in on the action . . .

The tree we got this year is much more round than the trees we've had in the past so we sort of ran out of enough lights. At the end of the season I'll have to buy some extras. But we weren't about to take all the lights off again and start over.

Taylor loves Disney so it was only fitting that she picked out a Disney ornament this year. We have her name and year written on the back. 

Gingerbread are my favorite at Christmas time. This may just be my new favorite ornament.

Next on our Christmas list is a date with my Mr. to go Christmas shopping and a trip to see Santa. With only one present under our tree I think it's about time we added more.

No comments: