December 11, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend. Sometimes they just don't get any better.

Saturday Taylor and I went  dress shopping. Again. This time Ranee and Joel went with us. I thought it was so sweet of my brother to go wedding dress shopping with us girls for 6 hours. Yep that's right. 6 hours! We went to three stores and tried on about 20 dresses. I am so happy to finally be able to say . . . I found THE DRESS. 

After trying on so many dresses I was starting to get nervous that I may not find the right dress and I would end up feeling like I settled for one that I just liked. But I knew as soon as I tried this dress on that it was going to be the one. I have fallen in love with every detail of the dress. I think I could honestly just sit and stare at it all day - or just wear it around the house - I love it that much! I can't wait to share my dress with the rest of the world! And Taylor was so cute throughout the entire experience.

After dress shopping DJ met us down at The Ale House for lunch. It was so nice to sit and relax and just talk over good food. I think we both needed that. After leaving dinner we went to St. Nick's to buy our annual Christmas ornaments. I'll post pictures of them when I post pictures of our tree. I love that store and I think if anyone is lacking that special Christmas magic this season they should just take a trip down there. It did the trick for me! I found the perfect ornament for myself too . . .

We bought our Christmas tree Sunday morning. I love the way it makes the house smell and it is beautiful when it's all lit at night. I must say though, this year our tree is just about as perfect as it gets. This little guy was there. I think I should have brought him home with me . . .

Sunday was an extra special day for us. Joel and Ranee were out in our area and stopped by for a bit. We ended up spending the whole day together hanging out, snacking on food and playing games. It was so fun to watch them play the xbox Kinects with us . . .

I swear our living room has pictures and stuff on the walls! These pictures made it look so bare!

I wish we could have weekends like this every week. In my book there's nothing better than spending lots of quality time with family. It meant the world to me to have these guys close with us all weekend!

No comments: