January 26, 2013

One Happy Girl!

Technically there are two happy girls in this house. I couldn't be happier to have my little family all together under one roof again and Taylor is over the moon about having her Daddy back. I have grown used to DJ's crazy work schedule with all the traveling he does but I always know that the longest he will ever be away from home is 24-48 hours. Yes, he gets called out to work at the strangest times and we live our life with him being on call 24/7/365. It's not a lifestyle most people could handle. When my sister was here she said she never realized exactly how bad his schedule was but after seeing it first hand she gets it and doesn't know how we do it.

After 3 long weeks my Mr. is finally home! He left home January 6th to attend the first portion of the Engineer program. He's spent the last three weeks in Kansas City going to class preparing to become an Engineer. He's been upgraded from a Conductor to a Student Engineer. DJ still has lots of training and studying left and will be home for a while now (but still working on-call). I am so glad he doesn't have to take extended business trips on a regular basis but the absence does make the heart grow fonder :o) 

He had a good time while in Kansas City. The class left him with a couple hours of homework every night but he did get the weekends to himself. He and the guys got to enjoy lots of good BBQ, went to visit the Kansas City terminal and hang out. Last Saturday my cousin Scott, who lives in the area, took him out for lunch and they spent the afternoon together. Scott even told me that they went house hunting and found the perfect house for us for when we relocate :o) That's a possibility but may not be for a few years. I still thought it was cute that they went house hunting.

While he was gone we used FaceTime a lot. He and Taylor got to eat breakfast together over FaceTime and we even played Candy Land as a family one night. It was very sweet and made it feel like he really wasn't that far away. It felt so good to lay in bed next to him last night. It's something you really take for granted. When Taylor woke up this morning the first thing she did was give him a kiss while he was still sleeping. I love this family I have so much.

Now that DJ's back at home he'll still be working but he'll also have a lot of studying to do. He and I will be hitting the books together :o)

 

No comments: