February 11, 2013

Catch My Breath

We had a very busy weekend around here. The kind that made me feel like I need to catch my breath and unwind. Unfortunately for me it's already Monday morning though and we'll be out the door once more for school pretty soon.

Friday morning we went to Taylor's school so she could do an assessment. Her teacher said she did very well but we won't be discussing everything until next month when we meet for Parent Teacher conferences. After the assessment we picked up Grandma and met DJ for lunch. Then we parted ways and the girls went shopping for a while. We didn't make it back home until about 4:30pm. DJ had been up about 24 hours at this point as he worked the entire night before and didn't get to sleep when he came home so I knew it was going to be an early night for everyone. After Taylor and DJ went to bed I headed to our friends house to take care of their dog.

We did some Valentines Day crafts. One of the crafts I didn't get a picture of and I didn't even get out my camera once this weekend so all the pictures I took were with my iPhone.


Saturday we went to a baby shower for one of DJ's cousins. She's the only one I know expecting a boy. It was nice to buy little boy stuff for a change. :o) After the baby shower we headed to a birthday party for our friends' little girl. Her and Taylor have so much fun playing together.


The clown Kristin found for the party was amazing. She did face painting, balloon animals and a magic show. Taylor loved it! 

Taylor got to have a sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's Saturday night but DJ and I were there most of the night. Sunday morning DJ and I get up, drank coffee and did some homework together. It was kinda nice. In the afternoon DJ and Taylor went to lunch for Great Grandma's birthday while I picked my brother up from the airport. He spent 8 days in Thailand visiting his girlfriend who's there for school until March. He came back super tan and made me so jealous! I met DJ's family after I took him home and had cake with everyone. I was exhausted by the time we made it home. 

Oh, and in Taylor's free time she's been building up her own UPS terminal. Paul gave her a bunch of UPS cars and stuff and she's been moving them all around the wood floors pretending to be a UPS worker. It's so funny to watch.

Now I'm off to take Taylor to school before coming back home to meet my friend so we can work on labs for our Anatomy class. . . busy busy day.

No comments: