February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We got to celebrate Valentine's Day as a family last night. 

Taylor's celebrating started with a Valentine's Day party at school. She came home so excited. She gave out Barbie Valentine's Day cards with tattoos and Starburst candies. 

DJ and I usually never exchange gifts for Valentine's Day but we always exchange cards and do something special for each other. Last year I was still working so he spent the day making homemade spaghetti sauce and lasagna. It was so sweet. I wanted to make him something sweet since I'm no longer working.

Taylor I made him Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies. And my theme for this year was "You're the Peanut Butter to my Jelly"

DJ had been working since about 2am on Wednesday so I knew he'd come home hungry and tired. Taylor and I made chicken parmigiana with spaghetti squash and salad with all the fixings. We paired it with red wine and Taylor even got to join in on the fun. We got sparkling Apple-Grape cider for her and I let her drink it out of a special glass. She thought that was so special. 

DJ surprised us when he came home with chocolate covered strawberries and flowers. 


Taylor loves chocolate covered strawberries and if she had her way she wouldn't share these with anyone. I couldn't get her to stop eating them long enough to take a normal picture.


She did get a special gift from us this year. Normally we just do cards and something small like a stuffed animal. But she'd been asking for these for months and we wanted to give her something for being so good lately with all the changes that have been going on with work schedules and everything else. Her very first pair of cowgirl boots. When she pulled them out of the bag she just lit up and said "Just what I wanted!!" 

I have a feeling she won't be taking these off after she puts them on. 

Don't they look so cute next to Daddy's boots? His aren't as cute since they're work boots but she was still happy. She even made us feel how hers were almost as heavy as Dad's. Too funny. 

We hope everyone gets to celebrate this day with the people they love! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: