April 20, 2013

Easter 2013

It's been several weeks since I've blogged. I have a lot to catch up on but before I even figure out where to begin with all of that I think I should blog about our Easter celebrations before summer has come and gone. (Time really feels like it's going by that fast!) And you know the worst part about this trying to catch up stuff? I actually started this post about a week ago and am just now getting to finish it.

So, before I get sidetracked again here's Easter. . .

We made Spring time sugar cookies for everyone. Taylor loves anything to do with baking or helping us cook so she was thrilled when I told her she could decorate the cookies all by herself.



It wouldn't have been Easter without our traditional Bunny Cake. I think I look forward to making this more than Taylor does. I love that we have a tradition to look forward to every Easter and that hopefully one day she will pass it along to her kids.

Her favorite part has always been coloring the coconut green to look like grass. We used a 'Funfetti" cake this year so when we cut into it, the bunny would look like it swallowed jelly beans!



Dying eggs gets so much fun as Taylor gets older. She can do most of it by herself now without a lot of the eggs cracking. And now that she can write a few words she was showing us how to write the words on the eggs. I don't think I got a picture of it but she snuck off to the stairs with one egg because DJ and I weren't allowed to see what she wrote. When we took it out of the dye we saw she had written "Mom" and "Dad". This girl really knows how to melt my heart :o)





The Easter Bunny always hides her basket. A few years back we saw the Easter Bunny at the Gymnastics egg hunt and she still hasn't recovered. She was so terrified that the bunny would come into her room while she was sleeping so I told her the bunny may just have to leave her basket on the front porch. 

The Easter Bunny sure did good this year though! A new helmet, swim suit, sidewalk chalk, a four-square ball, a few summer clothes and some candy.

Taylor is getting better every year about hunting for Easter eggs but she still over looked quite a few! The past two years the weather has been nice enough to hunt for eggs outside and I hope that continues for years to come! 

I'm so glad I got a picture of Taylor and her beautiful Aunt Jessica. Soon we'll have an extra little girl in all of our pictures :o)


Funniest part of our Easter celebration was when Taylor convinced Great Grandma to jump on the trampoline with her. It was Great Grandma's first time on a trampoline ever and DJ was so scared she was going to get hurt!


It's amazing how this little girl can sweet talk anyone to getting up on the trampoline and jumping with her




We had such a nice Easter. It doesn't get any better than a day full of good family, good food and good weather!


No comments: